Current user rating: 87/100 (84 votes)
- Movie: Dangerously Excited (English title)
- Revised romanization: Naneun Kongmoowonida
- Hangul: 나는 공무원이다
- Director: Koo Ja-Hong
- Writer: Koo Ja-Hong
- Cinematographer: Oh Jae-Ho
- World Premiere: October 7, 2011 (Busan International Film Festival)
- Release Date: July 12, 2012
- Runtime: 101 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Music / Drama
- Distributor: Next Entertainment World
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Dae-Hee (Yoon Je-Moon) is a low level city government employee in the Mapo district of Seoul. His department handles various issues like trash, noise, and public safety. Dae-Hee isn't married, nor does he have a girlfriend at the moment. He also doesn't have many hobbies. Dae-Hee enjoys memorizing facts from books to impress his colleagues and watching television until falling asleep. You can say he is conservative and his job at the city government office suits him well.
Within the Mapo district lies the Hongdae area famous for the thriving indie rock music scene. Dae-Hee leaves with a co-worker to talk with a band who has received numerous complaints from neighbors about loud noise in a residential neighborhood.
The band is practicing for their next album which is coming out in the upcoming days. They are disheartened when Dae-Hee and his co-worker informs them they have to stop playing in their rented basement. During their talk, a man comes by and offers the band to rent his attic room for a generous price. Dae-hee and his co-worker knows something is fishy, but just go about their business.
The next day, the band discovers their musical instruments and rent money stolen by the con man who offered to rent his apartment. Meanwhile, they become angry at civil worker Dae-Hee who introduced them to the con man. They go visit Dae-Hee at his office.
To avoid a scene in front of his boss, Dae-Hee quickly offers the band his basement for their practice sessions. Dae-Hee seems to have little interest in music or the kids. Yet, days later when 2 members quit the band, Dae-Hee is recruited to join the band as their bassist ....
- Filming took place from March 6 through April 20, 2011.
- Early Korean title was "Uiheomhan Heungbun" ("위험한 흥분"), which translates literally to "Dangerously Excited". Prior to the movie's domestic release in South Korea, the film's title was changed to "Naneun Kongmoowonida," which translates literally to "I Am A Public Officer".
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers