Dancing Queen - Korean Movie
Current user rating: 88/100 (118 votes)
- Movie: Dancing Queen
- Revised romanization: Daensing Kwin
- Hangul: 댄싱퀸
- Director: Lee Suk-Hoon
- Writer: Lee Suk-Hoon, Park Soo-Jin
- Producer: Kim Nam-Soo
- Cinematographer: Choi Jin-Woong
- Release Date: January 18, 2012
- Runtime: 124 min.
- Genre: Comedy
- Production Company: JK Film
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Jung-Hwa (Uhm Jung-Hwa) has supported her husband Jung-Min (Hwang Jung-Min) and child until he passed his bar exam at the age of 35. Years later, Jung-Min has opened his own small law office, but their financial situation hasn't improved very much. Jung-Hwa still teaches aerobics at a gym. She loves to sing and dance.
One night, Jung-Min is drunk and waiting for a subway train. Another man, that is even more drunk, falls onto the train tracks. People gather around, but they don't know what to do. Jung-Min also looks down at the helpless man and then is accidentally pushed onto the train tracks himself. Right before the subway train arrives, Jung-Min is able to pull the other man and himself to safety. The next morning, Jung-Min answers his door and is surprised to see a throng of reporters outside wanting to interview him.
Meanwhile, Jung-Hwa's best friend & hair stylist Myung-Ae (Ra Mi-Ran) decides to participate on the TV music talent show "Super Star K." While they talk about the audition, Jung-Hwa sees her husband on TV.
Jung-Min's popularity soon soars as he is thought of as a good samaritan. He begins to appear on TV shows and even on advertisements. Jung-Min is then chosen to run as a candidate for the upcoming city mayoral election.
Jung-Hwa and Myung-Ae take part in the auditions for TV show "Super Star K," but do not make it pass the preliminary stage. Then, Jung-Hwa's old acquaintance Han-Wi (Lee Han-Wi) spots a TV clip of Jung-Hwa's audition on Super Star K. Han-Wi works for a talent agency and is putting together a female group. Han-Wi then contacts Jung-Hwa and asks if she wants to join the "Dancing Queens".
- Filming took place from May, 30-August 21, 2011.
|Hwang Jung-Min||Uhm Jung-Hwa||Jung Sung-Hwa||Ra Mi-Ran|
|Hwang Jung-Min||Uhm Jung-Hwa||Jong-Chan||Myung-Ae|
|Lee Han-Wi||Oh Na-Ra||Choi Woo-Ri||Han Soo-A|
|Lee Dae-Yeon||Jeong Gyu-Su||Lee Hyo-Ri|
|Pil-Je||Myung-Goo||Superstar K judge|
Additional Cast Members:
- Seo Dong-Won - Jung-Chul
- Park Sa-Rang - Yeon-Woo
- Lee A-Rin - Dorothy
- Park A-Rong - Eve
- Yeo Moo-Young - Political party leader
- Park Jung-Min
- Sung Byoung-Sook - Jung-Hwa's mother
- Kwon Byung-Gil - Jung-Hwa's father
- Tae In-Ho - assistant director
- Kim Young-Sun - Jung-Min's mom (flashback)
- Ma Dong-Seok - Gay couple (cameo)
- Jo Dal-Hwan - Manager (cameo)
- 2012 (3rd) Terracotta Far East Film Festival - April 12-15, 2012 *European Premiere
- 2012 (13th) San Diego Asian Film Festival - November 1 - 9, 2012 *Asia Pop! *North American Premiere