Confession of Pain
Current user rating: 94/100 (19 votes)
- Movie: Confession of Pain
- Chinese: Seung sing (傷城)
- Director: Wai-keung Lau, Siu Fai Mak
- Writer: Felix Chong, Siu Fai Mak
- Producer: Wai-keung Lau, Cheung Hong Tat
- Cinematographer: Yiu-Fai Lai, Wai-keung Lau
- Release Date: December 21, 2006
- Runtime: 110 min
- Studio: Media Asia Films
- Distributor: Media Asia Films
- Language: Cantonese / Mandarin / English
- Country: Hong Kong
In a city of love and prosperity, a city of lost hope and premature death, veteran detective Hei (Tony Leung Chiu Wai) feels it all: the hurt, the helplessness, the horror. When his father-in-law, the billionaire benefactor Kim, is gruesomely murdered in his palatial mansion, he enlists the assistance of his former partner turned private detective, Bong (Takeshi Kaneshiro).
On the surface, the murder smacks of a vendetta that has taken a lifetime to fulfill. But no sooner has Bong agreed to crack the case with Hei than he realizes nothing is what it appears to be. Undoubtedly, they are after a monster in a perfect crime: every detail was meticulously orchestrated, every motive conveniently justifiable, and every culprit and potential witness mysteriously eliminated.
But Bong has his own demon to fight. Ever since the suicide of his pregnant girlfriend, he has lost his joie de vivre, even though he still retains the finest instincts of a man hunter. As he digs deeper and deeper into the case, all evidence seems to point to Kim¡¦s daughter and Hei¡¦s hysterical wife, Susan. But then the killer ups the ante by murdering Susan as well. Bong starts grappling with the suspicion that the man they hunt is someone very close to them, someone on the verge of a total breakdown.
Like lost souls in a city of fallen angels, the cop, the private detective, and the killer are doing what they must. Every step of their journey takes them closer and closer to one another, until a shocking denouement in which no stone is left unturned and no one can escape unscathed.
- Bo-yuan Chan - Lai Sun Wah
- Ankie Beilke - Spicy Girl
- Shaun Tam - Policeman
- Chapman To - Inspector Tsui Wing Kwong
- Monie Tung - Policewoman
- Toby Leung - Policewoman
- Geoffrey Wong - Policeman
- Ho Shu Wing - Security Guard at Wah's Home (as Ho Shu Wing)
- Emme Wong - Rachel
- Jinglei Xu - Susan Chow
- Hua Yueh - Chow Yuen Sing
- Yeung Ming Wan - Uncle Man
- Shu Qi - Sai Fung
- Fu Wah Yuen - Wong Ming