Current user rating: 87/100 (107 votes)
- Movie: Cinema Angel
- Romaji: Shinema no Tenshi
- Japanese: シネマの天使
- Director: Hideyuki Tokigawa
- Writer: Hideyuki Tokigawa
- Producer: Shinji Fukuoka, Yumiko Masuda
- Cinematographer: Toshiyuki Imai
- Release Date: November 7, 2015
- Runtime: 94 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: Tokyo Theatres
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Movie theater Daikokuza is set to close down soon. Asuka (Reiko Fujiwara) is an employee at the theater. She meets a mysterious old man (Mickey Curtis) who knows everything about the old theater's history. Meanwhile, Asuka's childhood friend Akira (Kanata Hongo) works as a bartender. Since he was young, Akira watched movies at Daikokuza. His time spent at theater has inspired him to make a film one day.
On the day the theater is set to shut down, the mysterious old man appears in front of Asuka again.
- Movie is based on cinema "Cinefuku Daikokuza” which was located in Fukuyama, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The theater first opened in 1892 and existed for 122 years. Filming for "Cinema no Tenshi" began August 31, 2014 at "Cinefuku Daikokuza” on the day the theater closed down and finished September 14, 2014. The theater was demolished a day later on September 15, 2014.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers