Current user rating: 66/100 (3 votes)
- Movie: Bugis Street
- Chinese: 妖街皇后 (Yao jie huang hou)
- Director: Yonfan
- Writer: Fruit Chan, Yuo Chan, Yonfan
- Cinematographer: Jacky Tang
- Release Date: April 13, 1995
- Runtime: 101 min
- Language: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Country: Singapore
17-year-old Lian is a maid to a rich family in Malaysia, whose sheltered existence is shattered when she is sent to work at a small hotel near Bugis Street in neighbouring Singapore.
Singapore's infamous, immoral Bugis Street is resurrected and granted divine immortality in this tawdry and over-the-top comedy/melodrama. A bevy of gorgeously attired, love-lorn transgender prostitutes blaze across the screen in a firestorm of sequins, squeels and drunken American sailors.
- Singapore's Bugis Street was renown in the 1950s-1980s for its night gathering of transgender persons, making it one of Singapore's top tourist destinations during that period.
- In the mid 1980's, Bugis Street went under major urban redevelopment into a modern shopping complex, as well as the construction of a subway station, which ended the area's prior nightlife for transgender persons.
- Michael Lam
- Hiep Thi Le - Lian
- Lily Siew Lin Ong - Drago's Mother
- Ernest Seah
- Chi Lai Yiu
- David Knight