Current user rating: 88/100 (30 votes)
- Movie: Osamu Tezuka’s Buddha: The Great Departure / Buddha: The Great Departure
- Romaji: Tezuka Osamu no budda: Akai sabaku yo! Utsukushiku
- Japanese: 手塚治虫のブッダ 赤い砂漠よ！美しく
- Director: Kozo Morishita
- Writer: Osamu Tezuka (manga), Reiko Yoshida
- Producer: Kozo Morishita
- Release Date: May 28, 2011
- Runtime: 111 min.
- Distributor: Warner Bros., Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
2005 years ago in India, a boy named Siddhartha Gautama of the kingdom Shakya is born. When Siddhartha was born there was a prophecy that the boy would become a king of all the kingdoms. At that time various kingdoms were continuously raging wars with each other. When the boy attained puberty, he associated with people from the lower class like Migaila a girl who was known as a thief. Siddhartha began to have doubts about the strict class system even though he is raised in luxury as a future king.
Later, the powerful kingdom of Kosala attacks the kingdom of Shakya. Both sides fight fiercely. The commander of Kosala's army is the general's son Chapra. He is thought of as the most brave soldier in the kingdom of Kosala. Chapra was actually born into slavery but hid his background. By the general's order he came all the way up into his current position.
Chapra wants to make a successful career for himself and Siddhartha abondons his family's wealth to find Tao. These two opposite persons meet in the war and changes the fate of their respective kingdoms ...
- Related titles:
- Buddha 2 | Buddha 2: Tezuka Osamu no Buddha: Owarinaki Tabi (2014)
The media player is loading...
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers