Current user rating: 82/100 (31 votes)
- Movie: Boy (English title) / Goodbye, Boy (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Gootbayi Boyi
- Hangul: 굿바이 보이
- Director: Roh Hong-Jin
- Writer: Roh Hong-Jin
- Producer: Choi Soon-Sik, Kwak Kyoung-Taek, Song Joon-Hyoung
- Cinematographer: Lee In-Won
- World Premiere: October 2010 (Pusan International Film Festival)
- Release Date: June 2, 2011
- Runtime: 112 min.
- Distributor: Indiestory
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Winter 1988 - Middle school student Jin-Woo (Yeon Jun-Suk) lives with his unemployed alcoholic father (Ahn Nae-Sang) and his unhappy mother (Kim So-Hee) who frequently attempts to runaway from home due to her unhappiness with her husband. Jin-Woo's older sister (Ryu Hyun-Kyung) does whatever she wants and fumes at her mother for the life she lives. Jin-Woo feels sorry for his mom who has to support the family alone and starts to work as a newspaper delivery boy. At the newspaper distribution plant, he meets another boy named Chang-Geun (Kim Dong-Young) who works hard to save money. Jin-Woo learns from Chang-Geun things like how to smoke, drink alcohol and how to deal with girls. Jin-Woo learns about life through Chang-Geun.
One day, Jin-Woo sees his mother working at a bar. Chang-Geun, unaware that the woman is Jin-Woo's mother, laughs at the woman. Jin-Woo doesn't tell him that the lady is his mother. Jin-Woo senses that his sweet childhood days is over and the world is like the jungle that Chang-Geun described. Jin-Woo's father comes back home after a year away and nobody greets him anymore ...
- Early working title was "Gae Gateun Insaeng" ("개 같은 인생") translated literally "Life Like a Dog".
Additional Cast Members:
The media player is loading...
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers