Current user rating: 90/100 (18 votes)
- Movie: Blossom Bloom
- Romaji: Sakura Saku
- Japanese: サクラサク
- Director: Mitsutoshi Tanaka
- Writer: Masashi Sada (novel), Eriko Komatsu
- Producer: Norihisa Ohara, Ryosuke Otani
- Cinematographer: Takeshi Hamada
- Release Date: April 5, 2014
- Runtime: 107min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Shunsuke Osaki (Naoto Ogata) looks like an ordinary salaryman. He works as the sales department manager at a big electronics maker. He has received recognition for his work at the company, but, for many years, he has not engaged in a conversation with his wife Akiko (Kaho Minami).
Shunsuke's son Daisuke was kicked out of high school, because he refused to go to school. He is now 20-years-old and spends his days doing nothing. Shunsuke's daughter Sakiko smiles to him when she needs money. Shunsuke's father Shuntaro (Tatsuya Fuji) is 80-years-old. Shunsuke respects his father.
One day, Shuntaro is diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Shuntaro then begins to talk about his childhood memories to his son, who has never heard that before. In order to regain love in their family, Shunsuke decides to travel to his father's hometown with the whole family.
- Based on short story "Sakura Saku" by Masashi Sada. The story is included in collection of short stories "Gege" (published December, 2003 by Gentosha Inc.).
- Filming begins early October, 2013. Filming locations includes Tokyo and Fukui Prefecture.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers