Blood and Ties
Current user rating: 85/100 (63 votes)
- Movie: Blood and Ties (English title) / Accomplice (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Gongbum
- Hangul: 공범
- Director: Guk Dong-Suk
- Writer: Guk Dong-Suk
- Producer: Park Jin-Pyo, Kwon Tae-Ho, Lee Ji-Hoon, So Yoon-Sung, Park Jae-Hyoung
- Cinematographer: Lee Jung-In
- Release Date: October 24, 2013
- Runtime: 95 min.
- Genre: Thriller / Father & Daughter
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Da-Eun (Son Ye-Jin) has completed graduate school and is set to become a newspaper reporter. She lives with her father Son-Man (Kim Kap-Soo) who lovingly refers to her as "my heart". Although her father does menial work, Da-Eun is proud of him.
One day, Da-Eun goes to the movie with her boyfriend Jae-Kyoung (Lee Gyu-Han) and friend Bo-Ra (Jo An). They watch a movie that is based on a real life unsolved crime. A man kidnaps a boy and demanded ransom from the parents. The child is later found dead and the killer is never heard from again. The only clue the police have to the killer's identity is the ransom phone call he made to the parents. At the end of the film, they play the actual recorded audio from that phone call. When Da-Eun hears the voice she becomes frozen. The man's voice sounds eerily like her father and he also uses the phrase "It Ain't Over 'til It's Over" which her father always favored.
When Da-Eun gets back home, she looks up the crime that took place nearly 15 years ago on the internet. She finds a recording of the killer's voice and listens to it again. Da-Eun becomes awash with horror and also guilt for even suspecting her father as the killer. There's also only a few days remaining before the unsolved crime runs into its statute of limitations. What will Da-Eun do? Meanwhile, a man (Lim Hyung-Joon) from her father's past suddenly appears.
- Filming began June 23, 2012 and finished October 13, 2012.
|Son Ye-Jin||Kim Kap-Soo|
|Lim Hyung-Joon||Lee Gyu-Han||Jo An||Kim Kwang-Kyu||Kang Shin-Il|
Additional Cast Members:
- Park Sa-Rang - Da-Eun (child)
- Park Joo-Young - Choi Yong-Joo
- Seo Kab-Sook - Shim Mi-Ok
- Lim Jong-Yun - Professor Kim
- Ha Kyoung-Min - Son Kwang-Min
- Choi Eun-Suk - Detective Kim
- Kim Ho-Seung - Detective Min
- Jung Min-Sung - molester
- Park Ji-Yeon - female reporter
- Jeon Jin-Woo - emergency room doctor
- Lee Sun-Ah - Gangnam woman 1
- Kim Seung-Hoon - patrol division police constable
- Kim Do-Yeon - subway woman
- Yu Ji-Yeon - mother in movie