Current user rating: 77/100 (114 votes)
- Movie: Being Good (English title) / You Are a Good Kid (literal title)
- Romaji: Kimi wa iiko
- Japanese: きみはいい子
- Director: Mipo O
- Writer: Hatsue Nakawaki (novel), Ryo Takada
- Producer: Hideki Hoshino, Hideki Kawamura
- Cinematographer: Yuta Tsukinaga
- Release Date: June 27, 2015
- Runtime: 121 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: ARK Entertainment
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Tasuku Okano (Kengo Kora) is a diligent young man who was raised by decent family. He works as a new teacher at an elementary school. Tasuko deals with his students the way his head teacher told taught him, but the situation in his classroom isn't very good. He notices that one of his students might be abused, but he tries to ignore it by reasoning that he is too busy to become involved. Tasuko though feels terrible about the situation and decides to help his abused student.
Masami (Machiko Ono) was raised by an abusive mother. She is now violent towards her own 3-year-old daughter Ayane. Masami can't help lashing out at her daughter since her daughter was 10-months-old. When she hangs around other mothers in the park, she tries to justify her abusive manners by thinking the other mothers treat their kids the same way.
- Based on a short story from novel "Kimi wa iiko" by Hatsue Nakawaki (published May, 2012 by POPLAR PUBLISHING CO., LTD.). The novel won the 28th Tsubota Shoji Bungaku Sho in 2012.
- Filming begins at end of June, 2014 in Otaru, Hokkaido, Japan.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers