Current user rating: 92/100 (20 votes)
- Movie: Battle League Horumo
- Romaji: Kamogawa Horumo
- Japanese: 鴨川ホルモー
- Director: Katsuhide Motoki
- Assistant Director: Masanori Inoue
- Writer: Manabu Makime (novel), Maruo Kyozuka
- Producer: Takashi Yajima, Chiaki Noji
- Cinematographer Shouji Ehara
- World Premiere: March 20, 2009 (Okinawa International Movie Festival)
- Release Date: April 18, 2009
- Runtime: 113 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Youth / Fantasy
- Studio: Shochiku
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
The story is about a group of university students who inevitably gets involved in playing a game of "Horumo" - a combat match where each person manipulates 100 spirits (referred to as "oni") to fight the opponent. Akira Abe, a freshman at Kyoto University student falls for his classmate Kyoko, and soon ends up at a mysterious club called “Kyoto University Azure Dragon” which turns out to be one of the Horumo teams, playing the mysterious (and somewhat absurd) game which started over 1,000 years ago in the Heian period.The heat rises as you see the 2,000 CGI created spirits wage fierce battles against the backdrop of breathtaking beautiful city of Kyoto. Let the battle begin!
- Based on the novel "Kamogawa Horumo" by Manabu Makime (published April, 2006 by Sangyo Henshu Center).
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers