Current user rating: 98/100 (1 votes)
- TV Movie: An Artist of the Floating World
- Romaji: Ukiyo no Gaka
- Japanese: 浮世の画家
- Director: Kazuki Watanabe
- Writer: Kazuo Ishiguro (novel), Yuki Fujimoto
- Network: NHK
- Episodes: 1
- Release Date: March 30, 2019
- Runtime: Saturday 21:00 - 22:29
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set several years after the end of World War II, Yoshiji Ono (Ken Watanabe) is a famous old painter. He lives in a big house and has peaceful days. One day, his oldest daughter Setsuko Murakami (Ryoko Hirosue) and her son Ichiro (Kokoro Terada) visit Yoshiji Ono’s house.
- "An Artist of the Floating World" takes over NHK's Saturday 21:00 time slot previously occupied by "Crescent Moon" and followed by "Digital Tattoo" on May 18, 2019.
- Based on novel "An Artist of the Floating World" by Kazuo Ishiguro (published 1986 by Faber and Faber).
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers