Current user rating: 94/100 (249 votes)
- Movie: A Wonderful Moment (English title) / My Little Hero (Korean title)
- Revised romanization: Mai Riteul Hieoro
- Hangul: 마이 리틀 히어로
- Director: Kim Sung-Hoon
- Writer: Ahn Ho-Gyung
- Producer: Choi Nak-Kwon, Lee Joon-Taek
- Cinematographer: Kim Young-Min
- Release Date: January 10, 2013
- Runtime: 135 min.
- Genre: Drama / Musical
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Musical director Yoo Il-Han (Kim Rae-Won) is arrogant and has no qualms exaggerating the lengths of his talents. He was once a promising musical director, but, after the box-office failure of a big budget musical, he now works on children's musicals. Nevertheless, Yoo Il-Han dreams of one day working on Broadway in New York City. His big chance then arrives. A TV musical competition program is set out to select the main child actor for a big budget musical of King Jungjo from the Joseon Dynasty. The musical will be performed on Broadway.
The setup for the TV musical competition program involves five musical directors as they each select one child actor to mentor. The directors then train their pupil and the TV musical competition eventually selects one child actor to play King Jungjo. Musical director Yoo Il-Han is one of the five music directors taking part in the television program. The first stage of the show involves each of the five musical directors turned away from the stage as they listen, but cannot see, various children auditioning for the TV program.
Musical director Yoo Il-Han then selects a child named Young-Kwan (Ji Dae-Han), who turns out to be a half Filipino-Korean child. Once the first episode of the TV show program ends, Yoo Il-Han berates an assistant director of the TV program. He's furious he was allowed to pick a child, that he assumes has no chance of playing King Jungjo and blowing his chance to work on Broadway. Making matters worse for Yoo Il-Han, Young-Kwan possesses zero dancing abilities. Unable to change his selection, Yoo Il-Han half-heartedly begins to train Young-Kwan. He then begins to see something special in the child.
- Filming began on March 25, 2012.
- Filming finished September 16, 2012 in Broadway, New York City. The last scene filmed involved character Yoo Il-Han (Kim Rae-Won) walking among the hustle and bustle on busy Broadway.
- Early working Korean title was "Dream," then changed to "Dream, My Little Hero," then changed to "Superstar" (but with the release of another Korean film titled "Superstar") the movie's Korean title was changed to "My Little Hero".
- Child actor Ji Dae-Han, who plays the Korean-Filipino boy, is actually half Korean-Sri Lankan.
- Movie performed poorly at the Korean box office. The movie sold a total of 183,650 tickets during its theatrical run.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers