Current user rating: 91/100 (100 votes)
- Movie: A Taxi Driver (English title)
- Revised romanization: Taeksi Woonjunsa
- Hangul: 택시 운전사
- Director: Jang Hun
- Writer: Uhm Yoo-Na, Jo Seul-Ye
- Producer: Seo Kang-Ho, Yoon Seo-Young, Park Eun-Kyung
- Cinematographer: Ko Nak-Sun
- Release Date: August 2, 2017
- Runtime: 137 min.
- Genre: Based on True Story / Gwangju Uprising
- Distributor: Showbox
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
In May, 1980, German reporter Peter (Thomas Kretschmann) works on assignment in Tokyo, but the news is slow there. He hears from a colleague that something ominous is occurring in Gwangju, South Koea. The phone lines have been completely cut off to the city. Peter decides to go there.
In Seoul, South Korea, Kim Man-Seob (Song Kang-Ho) struggles to make ends meet as a taxi driver, while also taking care of his daughter. He needs money to pay for his rent. At a restaurant, Kim Man-Seob overhears that a foreigner is offering to pay a lot of money to be driven to Gwangju. The drive would cover Kim Man-Seob's rent. He dashes out of the restaurant to pick up the foreigner.
Soon, Peter and Kim Man-Seob head for Gwangju from Seoul. They don't know what is going on there or the countless lives that will soon be lost.
- Based on the true story of German reporter Jürgen Hinzpeter and Korean taxi driver Kim Sa-Bok. Jürgen Hinzpeter covered the Gwangju Uprising, which took place from May 18-27, 1980 in Gwangju, South Korea.
- Director Jang Hun and actor Song Kang-Ho previously worked together in 2010 film "The Secret Reunion."
- Filming began June 5, 2016 and finished October 23, 2016.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers