Current user rating: 81/100 (23 votes)
- Movie: A Drop of the Grapevine (English title) / Tears of Grapes (literal title)
- Romaji: Budou no Namida
- Japanese: ぶどうのなみだ
- Director: Yukiko Mishima
- Writer: Yukiko Mishima
- Producer: Takeshi Moriya, Yasuyuki Iwanami
- Cinematographer: Yuta Tsukinaga
- World Premiere: August 30, 2014 (Montreal World Film Festival)
- Release Date: October 11, 2014
- Runtime: 117min.
- Genre: Drama / Rural / Agriculture
- Distributor: Asmik Ace Entertainment
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Story depicts follows a family who runs a winery.
Ao (Yo Oizumi) and Roku (Shota Sometani) are brothers. In the past, Ao abandoned his family to pursue his dream, but his dream was lost. He then returned to his hometown. Now, Ao runs a winery at a grape farm and wheat field, which was left behind by his father. Ao devotes himself to making wine. His younger brother Roku, who holds mixed feelings, supports Ao.
- Filming began September 15, 2013 in Hokkaido, Japan and finishes mid-December, 2013.
- Movie is the second of three films by Yukiko Mishima that is set in Hokkaido, Japan and depicts the area's rich natural environment. 2012 film "Bread of Happiness" ("Shiawase no Pan") is the first of her three "Hokkaido Plan" films.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers