Current user rating: 88/100 (11 votes)
- Movie: A Dream Comes True
- Revised romanization: Dolmengiui Kkum
- Hangul: 돌멩이의 꿈
- Japanese: 石ころの夢
- Director: Jang Yong-Woo, Jang Yong-Woo
- Writer: Miho Nakazono
- Release Date: December 10, 2009
- Runtime: 103 min.
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Sang-hyeon (Cha In-Pyo) is a third-rate comedian who works in a shady nightclub. One day, a man comes into the club with his son and a briefcase. The man looks for the owner but he's not around.
Later that evening Sang-hyeon witnesses a car accident involving the man that came into the nightclub. The man is dying and he asks Sang-hyeon to take his son and briefcase to his wife.
Sang-hyeon goes to the deceased man's family with the son and briefcase. The family asks Sang-hyeon to take the son Jae-yeong to his mother in Donghae, South Korea. Sang-hyeon is a gambling addict and because of this is in heavy debt. The family offers to pay Sang-hyeon a large amount of money if he would take the son. Sang-hyeon already dreams of stopping at a casino in nearby Jeongseon after delivering the boy.
When Sang-hyeon arrives at the address given him to by Jae-yeong's family, the mother is nowhere to be found. Making matters worse, loan sharks that Sang-hyeon owes money to arrive and takes the money given to Sang-hyeon by Jae-yeong's family. Sang-hyeon is now broke and Jae-yeong believes that his mother has abandoned him. They then come across Ha-na (Kim Hyo-Jin), a drifter who works as a cheap dancer. The three of them continue their journey to find Jae-yeong's mother ...
- Part of the "Telecinema" series - a planned 7 part joint production between SBS (South Korea) & TV Asahi (Japan). All segments will screen first in the cinema, then broadcast on television in South Korea and Japan.
- Actress Kim Hyo-Jin will also sing a track on the O.S.T., titled "눈을 뜨면" (lit. translation "If Open Eyes"). This is the second time Kim Hyo-Jin has performed a song in a movie & the first time was in the 2004 film "Everybody Has Secrets" (Nuguna bimileun itda).
- Other titles from the "Telecinema" series:
- The Relation of Face, Mind and Love | Eolgulgwa Maeumgwa Sarangui Gwangye (2009)
- Postman to Heaven | Cheongukui Woopyeonbaedalbu (2009)
- 19-Nineteen (2009)
- Triangle (2009)
- Paradise (2009)
- After the Banquet | Gyeolheunsik Hueo (2009)
- A Dream Comes True | Dolmengiui Kkum (2009)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers