Current user rating: 90/100 (108 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Told from the viewpoint of the father Morio (Yutaka Mizutani), "A Boy Called H" follows a young boy named Hajime Senoh, nicknamed "H". His father, Morio runs a tailor shop. With the onset of World War II, their family must endure difficult times. Nevertheless, H is filled with curiosity and a sense of justice.
- Based on the autobiographical novel "Shonen H" by Kappa Senoh (published by Kodansha, July 9, 1999).
- Construction of the Showa era set began April 1, 2012 in Tsukuba, Ibaraki and took 1 month to finish.
- Filming began on May 1, 2012 and takes place in Kobe, Tochigi, Gunma, Ibaraki, & Shizuoka Japan. Movie will also shoot in Hapcheon, South Korea. Filming ends in late June, 2012.
- Two scenes were filmed at Hapcheon Movie Theme Park in South Korea. Other films that were shot there include "Taegukgi" and drama series "East of Eden". The first scene to be shown during the introductory title credits in the beginning of the film, replicates the old foreigner residence area in Kobe, Japan. The second scene shot at Hapcheon, involves the city of Kobe in ruins after being the target of firebombing raids. For that scene, the set was burned for 2 days prior to filming.
- Actors Yutaka Mizutani & Ran Ito, who play husband and wife in the film, are actually a married couple.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers