A Blood Pledge
Current user rating: 83/100 (119 votes)
- Movie: A Blood Pledge / Whispering Corridors 5: A Blood Pledge
- Revised romanization: Yeogo goedam 5: Dongban Jasal
- Hangul: 여고괴담5-동반자살
- Director: Lee Jong-Yong
- Writer: Lee Jong-Yong, Lee Yoon-Hyoung
- Producer: Lee Se-Young
- Cinematographer: Kang Seung-Gi
- Release Date: June 18, 2009
- Runtime: 88 min.
- Genre: Horror / Teen / School
- Studio: Cine 2000
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Late one night at a high school chapel, four students makes a pact to kill themselves that night. The girls sign the pact with their own blood and pledge that if anybody survives they will be haunted for the rest of their lives. Then only one of the four students, Eon-ju, actually commits suicide by jumping to her death. The next day rumors fly around their school on the reasons why Eon-ju killed herself. The remaining three girls keep to themselves as they are haunted by their pledge and soon enough the school becomes covered in blood ...
- The "Whispering Corridors" series (Korean title "Yeogo goedam" lit. translation "Girl's High School") uses an all girl's high school as the backdrop for each of its films.
- Characters, setting, and stories are different for each of the films released under the "Whispering Corridors" title.
- Filming for Whispering Corridors 5 starts December 2008.
- "A Blood Pledge" opened #2 at the South Korean box office selling 235,350 tickets on 393 screens (15% of all ticket sales) during its opening June 19th - June 21st weekend.
- Through its theatrical run the movie sold a total of 651,286 tickets, grossing 4.1 billion ₩ (staying in the top ten for 4 weeks).
- Related titles:
|Son Eun-Seo||Jang Kyoung-Ah||Oh Yeon-Seo||Song Min-Jung||Yu Shin-Ae|
Additional Cast Members:
- Hwang Seung-Eon - Park Ji-Mi
- Park Jeong-Yun - Park Jeong-Yun
- Lee Mi-So - Lee Mi-So
- Choi Min - Ki-Ho
- Kang Byul - Kang Bo-Yoon
- Jung Hye-In - Jung Hye-In
- Park Yong-Jin - Eun-Young's father
- Shin Yun-Sook - nun