Current user rating: 88/100 (921 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
"Into the Gunfire" is based on the true story of 71 students who fight hundreds of North Korean soldiers in front of a middle school on June 25, 1950 during the Korean War. Kap-Jo (Kwon Sang-Woo) was formerly a student who was convicted of murder. While serving his sentence he volunteers to fight as a soldier ...
- Early working title for the film was "71".
- Yu Seung-Ho & Kim Beom were originally cast in the lead roles, but with Taewon Entertainment taking over production a decision was made to cast Kwon Sang-Woo & T.O.P instead.
- "Into the Gunfire" is based on the real story of 71 students who fought hundreds of North Korean soldiers in front of Pohang girls’ middle school during the Korean War. The area was critical point for safeguarding the Nakdong River frontier. A letter was found from one of the 71 deceased soldiers which inspired the movie.
- Estimated budget is 12 billion Won (10.4 million USD).
- Filming began December 1st, 2009 and finished April 13, 2010. The last scene filmed took place in a field of reeds on Hwang Mae mountain in Hopcheon, Gyeongnam, South Korea.
Additonal Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers