- Movie: 1905
- Romaji: 1905
- Japanese: 一九〇五
- Director: Kiyoshi Kurosawa
- Release Date: TBA
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Mandarin, Japanese
- Country: Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set in Yokohama, Japan in 1905. With imperialist globalization growing and citizens calling for revolution, China and Japan feel threatened by western nations. Many Chinese students travel to Japan to learn about modernization and communicate with the Japanese. At this time, Chinese loan shark Yan Yunron (Tony Leung Chiu Wai) arrives in Japan to collent money lent to five men. Yuji Kato (Shota Matsuda) is an ethnic Japanese, but raised in Hong Kong, and a member of the Japanese nationalist group "Hokoku Kai". Yuji Kato is ordered by the Japanese government to forcibly repatriate 5 Chinese revolutionists back to China. Yan Yunron and Yuji Kato meet at this time and, although their purposes are different, their interests are the same and they work together to catch these five men.
- Filming takes place from November, 2012 - January, 2013 in Japan and Taiwan. About 90% of the lines are spoken in Chinese.
- Director Kiyoshi Kurosawa first spoke with Chinese actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai about participating in the movie during the 2009 Asian Film Awards when Kiyoshi Kurosawa won the "Best Film" and "Best Screenwriter" award for his movie "Tokyo Sonata".
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers