19-Nineteen - Korean Movie
Current user rating: 95/100 (701 votes)
- Movie: 19-Nineteen
- Director: Jang Yong-Woo
- Writer: Yumiko Inoue, Jang Yong-Woo
- Producer: Choi Ho-Sung, Shin Hyun-Taek
- Cinematographer: Choi Yoon-Man
- Release Date: November 12, 2009
- Runtime: 103 min.
- Genre: Youth / Crime
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
After graduating from high school Min-seo (Seung-Ri) fails to get into college. He spends the next year cramming for his entrance exam once again. Jeong-hun (T.O.P) is a university student fresh out of high school school.
Late one evening, a high school girl dies. Earlier that evening, Min-seo filmed the girl in an internet cafe without her knowing. Min-seo, Jeong-hun, and another girl named Eun-yeong (Heo Lee-Jae) - who went to the same high school as the dead girl - all become murder suspects in the death of that girl. All three of these young suspects are 19 years old. They don't know each other, but quickly become fugitives from the law. To clear their names they work to uncover the truth behind the girl's death ...
- Part of the "Telecinema" series - a planned 7 part joint production between SBS (South Korea) & TV Asahi (Japan). All segments will screen first in the cinema, then broadcast on television in South Korea and Japan.
- Other titles from the "Telecinema" series:
- "19-Nineteen" opened #7 at the South Korean box office in limited release, selling 13,563 tickets on 81 screens and accounting for 0.7% of all tickets sold during its opening Nov. 13th-15th weekend.
Additional Cast Members: