Current user rating: 79/100 (10 votes)
- Movie: 15 Malaysia
- Director: See Below
- World Premiere: October 9, 2009 (Pusan Int. Film Fest.)
- Release Date: 2009
- Runtime: 80 min.
- Language: Melayu
- Country: Malaysia
15Malaysia is a short film project. It consists of 15 short films made by 15 Malaysian filmmakers. These films not only deal with socio-political issues in Malaysia, they also feature some of the best-known faces in the country, including actors, musicians and top political leaders. You may think of them as funky little films made by 15 Malaysian voices for the people of Malaysia. -- 15 Malaysia.com
- Director: Yuhang Ho
- Cast: Namewee, Teh Heong Khoe, Jimmy Lim, Chee Cheong Hoe, Sivaji Rajah, Radhii, Choo Poh Fong, Serena C, Atilia, Jay Menon, Diyana
- Plot A laugh-out-loud film about a Chinese boy’s misguided attempts at opening an Islamic bank account.
- Director: * Amir Muhammad
- Cast: Y.A.B. Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat
- Plot: Malaysia’s most influential spiritual leader Nik Aziz offers commentary on the virtuous and Islamic way to conduct ethical commerce in his inimitable style.
- Director: Liew Seng Tat
- Cast: Adibah Noor
- Plot: A very silly slapstick comedy demonstrating the proper Islamic way to slaughter chicken.
- Director: Desmond Ng
- Cast: Tong Yeon Choy, Leong Kuan Meng
- Plot: A teenage Chinese witness to a racially motivated assault is being driven to the police station. A quiet reminder of the dangers of inter-communal suspicion and conflict.
- Director: Kamal Sabran
- Cast: Kamal Sabran
- Plot: A modern, poetic and beautifully constructed ode to Malaysia - its common people, places and enduring spirit.
- Director: Tan Chui Mui
- Cast: Tian Chua, Ida Nerina, Pete Teo (Narrator)
- Plot: An edgy and powerful science fiction story of a society where everything is perfect, except no one is allowed to speak.
- Director: James Lee
- Cast: Azman Hassan, Daphne Iking
- Plot: Two secret lovers rendezvous in a plush hotel room while TV news is read in the background. A dark take on apathy and helplessness in Malaysia.
- Director: Benji Lim
- Cast: Khairy Jamaluddin
- Plot: The head of UMNO Youth plays a taxi driver who is asked his views on some Malaysian talking points. He ends up offering a gift to a Chinese boy.
- Director: Johan John
- Cast: Nam Ron, Ilya Qastalanni
- Plot: A man finds himself without small change in a cheap brothel. Many arguments ensue and problems faced by the Malaysian common man are discussed.
- Director: Khairil M. Bahar
- Cast: Baki Zainal, Dato’ Sri Liow Tiong Lai
- Plot: An over-zealous public relations consultant advises the current minister of health how to discourage unhealthy lifestyles in Malaysia.
- Director: Nam Ron
- Cast: Bront Palare
- Plot: A haunting portrayal of a pedophile preparing to hunt, interspersed with metaphors on the state of Malaysian politics.
- Director: Suleiman Brothers
- Cast: Joseph Anthony, Masta K (Narrator)
- Plot: A Rojak seller’s take on Malaysia’s multi-faceted social political tapestry. Made entirely with CGI special effects. Visually stunning.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers