- Film Festival: 14th Pusan International Film Festival
- Period: October 8th-16th, 2009
- Location: Busan, South Korea
- Screenings: 355 films
- Premieres: 98 World Premiers / 46 International Premieres
- Attendence: 173,516
- Official poster for the 14th Pusan International Film Festival is based on the abstract painting "Song of the Night" by Jeum-sik Jeong and designed by Soon-dae Choi.
- Pen-Ek Ratanaruang & Terri Kwan presided on the "New Currents" jury and Tan Chui Mui & Ji-tae Yu presided on the "Wide Angle" jury.
Special Mention: Squalor
- Flash Forward Award: Last Cowboy Standing (Zaida Bergroth)
Special Mention: Miss Kicki (Hakon Liu)
- Sonje Award: (Shot Film Competition): Somewhere Unreached (Jae-won Kim) / Rare Fish (Basil Vassili Mironer)
- PIFF Mecenat Award: (Documentary Competition): Earth's Woman (Woo-jung Kwon) / The Other Song (Saba Dewan)
- Fipresci Award: Kick Off (Shawkat Amin Korki)
- NETPAC Award: Paju (Chan-ok Park)
- KNN Movie Award: (Audience Award): Lan (Wenli Jiang)
East Asian Films @ 14th Pusan International Film Festival
A Window on Asian Cinema
Korean Cinema Today - Panorama
Korean Cinema Today - Vision
Wide Angle - Documentary Showcase
Filipino Independent Film Special: Mabuhay! Pinoy Indi-Cinema!